Ingredients (10 9-10 cm long éclairs)
Pâte à choux
- 60 g butter
- 140 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 200 ml milk
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla essence
Chocolate frosting (Ganache)
- 50 g chocolate
- 40 ml heavy cream
Pâte à choux
- Place water, salt and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil, until the butter is melted. Remove from heat, add flour and mix. Return the pan to the heat and continue mixing for another 2-3 minutes. Let cool. Beat in the eggs, one by one, until the mixture is smooth.
- Place in a piping bag. Cut a 3 cm corner of the bag. Pipe onto cooking sheet 8-9 cm long strips (leave some space in between).
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 210°C. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Mix egg and sugar, add flour and continue mixing. Add lukewarm milk, salt and vanilla essence. Place in a saucepan and heat, mixing continuously with a wooden spoon, until the cream thickens.
- Remove from fire and add lemon juice and 5 g butter.
- Let cool.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces using a knife. Heat heavy cream until just before it comes to a boil, then pour over the chocolate. Stir until completely mixed. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- When the choux are completely cool, cut in half, fill with the custard cream and top with the ganache.
- Useful tips: to save time, first prepare the choux, then the custard cream while they are in the oven. Prepare the ganache only 10-15 minutes before filling the éclairs (when the choux are almost completely cool).