- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 3 leeks
- 1 large potato
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon
- 150ml milk
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 8 thin slices of baguette
- 3 slices smoked back bacon
1. Heat 3 tbsp butter in a large saucepan. Add 1 onion, peeled and chopped, and 3 leeks, finely sliced, and season.
2. Sauté for 10 mins until soft then add 1 large potato, peeled and chopped, 11 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, roughly chopped, 150ml milk and
3. 600ml vegetable stock, made from a cube.
4. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 mins or until the potato is soft.
5. Meanwhile, toast 8 thin slices of a baguette and cut into croutons and grill 3 slices of smoked back bacon until crispy, then chop.
6. Purée the soup until smooth then heat through again until piping hot.
7. Serve with the croutons, bacon pieces and 11 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, roughly chopped, sprinkled over.