1. For the quinoa, combine all the ingredients in a pot that has a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, then turn off heat and move pot away from burner. Do not open lid. Let steam for 10 minutes before serving.
2. Pat tofu dry and cut the block into 8 rectangles widthwise, then each rectangle in half to make two squares per rectangle. Then cut each square diagonally to make four triangles per square.
3. In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and sauté the tofu until browned, flip the tofu over and brown the other side. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the garlic, ginger, and chili. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup, tamari, and lime juice. Cover and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
4. For the kale, heat a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat and add the chopped kale along with the water, tamari, and lime juice to the pan. Sauté the kale for about 3-4 minutes or until the kale softens and turns a bright green. Remove from heat.
5. For plating, arrange the kale over a bed of quinoa. Add tofu over the top, and sprinkle with green onions and toasted almonds. Garnish with lime slices.
For full recipe visit: easy-cookbook-recipes.com